The Jim & Kay Mabie Performance Studio
The Jim and Kay Mabie Performance Studio operates as a commercial for hire recording facility. The studio currently serves a wide variety of clients from the album, advertising, theatre and media industries. This superb acoustic space contains maple floors and movable wall treatments and baffles, which allow for an acoustically variable recording environment.
Our national production, Sound Opinions, records here. You could be using the same mics that artists such as Yoko Ono, Trent Reznor, Lilly Allen, Lupe Fiasco, Nick Cave or Wilco used!
- facility and staff specialized in all forms of acoustic and electronic recording, including multi-track, live to 2-track, 5.1 surround mixing, and post production services
- spacious recording studio: 42 x 28 x 14 feet with infinitely variable acoustics, accommodates up to a 40 piece orchestra
- industry-leading British designed Solid State Logic (SSL) AWS 900+ analogue mixing console and DAW controller
- extensive collection of the highest quality microphones available
- nine-foot Steinway D concert grand piano, the premier recording instrument
- live studio acoustics, comfortable and professional environment
- outdoor deck overlooking Lake Michigan and the Chicago skyline
- specialized production skills for radio programming; drama, live radio, documentary
- Pro Tools Mix Plus recording, editing, and mixing
- additional software include Altiverb Reverb on ProTools TDM, and Nuendo 2.0 Media Production
In-house engineers are available and outside engineers are also welcome.
For more information or to request a booking, email or call 312.948.4788.